Monday, April 12, 2010

Science Fair


So, Dylan really wanted to participate in the Science Fair this year, so we agreed. Total procrastination, but managed to pull it off in the end. With all this Swine Flu and colds, etc, and the fact that I have to continually remind my kids to wash their hands, we decided to do the project on bacteria in the home and the effect of cleaners. Take a look at the pictures below. I promise I clean my house regularly. The effects of the cleaners: soap and water - unreadable results, Bleach spray cleaner, Lysol spray, and Fantastic were all effective against fighting bacteria. Vinegar not as effective as I thought, but I think that something went wrong with that test. I will still continue to use vinegar in my starilization of things - my family just loves that smell....hehehe.
The following pictures are not for the weak stomach :


It totally makes you want to bleach everything in your house. Good job Dylan!

2 comments:

  1. You probably clean your house way more than me...I guess I need to go clean, because that is gross!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really Ally. I just didn't want to have to sign out. This experiment is awesome and actually I have been more freaked by germs lately. I imagine them on my phone, remote control, purse, etc so I actually bought a box of individually packaged sanitation wipes. I put them in my purse so I have them at a moments notice. Whenever I think about it I wipe down my purse or phone or computer keyboard. It makes me feel much better!

    ReplyDelete