Saturday, August 21, 2010

Brandon & Dylan's Pets

A few years back at Nick Thorneloe's Eagle Project Brandon with some other boys found a water snake that Brandon brought home, hoping to keep as a pet. The number one pet I won't have in the house is a snake. I explained this to Brandon and the tried to let him know that the water was a much better place for it. He had even named the snake Clyde. All of our family drove down the street to the creek and Brandon sadly and reluctantly released it into the water, sobbing and heartbroken.

It broke my heart as well and so we decided that we could look into another pet, like a lizard something I could stomach much better. So thus Clyde II joined our family. Of course we have two boys, and what one wants so does the other. So Jessie joined our family not to long after.


Pictured above is Dylan's pet bearded dragon Jesse.
Brandon and Clyde II.

Riley discovered Clyde for the first time and isn't too sure about it yet. She likes them in the tanks much better.
A side note to any who want to run out and get a bearded dragon, they are way more expensive then I ever would have imagined. Between the tanks, multiple lights, and food it definately adds up. Randy and I figure we spend way more on the lizards then the two dogs we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment